This was a poem that I wrote for my Creative Writing class and it's pretty much the only one out of 5 that I'm really geeked about. I've decided that writing poetry is just not my thing...I think I'm better with lyrics. Who knows...regardlesss, here is the peom.
Streets
Somewhere in the fragments of the Mind
Lost.
A four letter word
Existing only from an absence
Lost.
No where to go
Wandering feet lead astray to these familiar streets
Lost.
Longing to go back to everything comfortable, secure, understood
I’m searching through this distance
Lost.
Pleading for some resolution
In this tangled web of confusion
Lost.
But I can’t find the answer
There’s no voice in this darkness.
Silence.
Fear.
A four letter word
Existing only from an absence
Fear.
No where to go
Except these familiar streets once again
Fear.
Longing to go back to everything comfortable, secure, understood
I’m clinging to the past
Fear.
Screaming for protection
From this terrifying darkness
Fear.
This crippling disease
Leads me to my knees
on these memorized streets.
I hear an answer
A voice cries out in the darkness.
Listen.
Find Me in the shadows of your Heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment