I'll never be the girl who always has her toenails painted a different color for every occasion
I'll never be the girl who has an endless supply of accessories
I'll never be the girl with all the name brands
And I'll never be the girl with flawless skin or hair that always looks perfect
But I will be the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve
Who loves with her whole heart
Who puts others first
Who sees with another set of eyes
And who Christ shines through and through
I wrote this poem as not only a reminder of who I am and what I am not(because sometimes I get a little bit off focus), but also as a commitment to myself. Sometimes as girls we can focus so much on the outward appearance that we lose focus on what really matters: the inside. As a woman of God, I want and am committed to letting Christ transform me inside and out. So while there are days that it would be nice to have that perfect accessory or flawless skin, I want to be the girl who lets her beauty come from the inside first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment