Oddly enough, this is the introduction and conclusion of a research paper on dating that I wrote in high school. I guess I just like it a lot because it tells a little about my past and gives a glimpse into the future...well in a way. I really can't predict or know the future. Only the big man upstairs can :) I just have to wait.
Intro
My heart beat so fast at that moment that I thought it would burst. The childhood dream that seemed like so long ago finally came to reality. As I walked down the aisle, realization struck me. I was what some would call one of those lucky ones; someone who found love without too much pain, unlike most of the seekers. My story compares to that of a rare gem that although hard to find, once found, it brings great delight. Most choose to seek the first available find, sacrificing who they are to fill the gap of pain, only to discover that in doing so they created more pain. My story began the same way as that of the many teenagers around me. Unbeknownst to me however, I didn't realize that I would feel very different and imperfect in the upcoming future. I watched with disappointment, as many of my friends began to date, while I continued to sit on the sideline. I felt forgotten and I questioned my appearance and wondered if I had just simply imagined my beauty. What I didn't realize was the fact that it was acceptable for me not to date. In fact, hard as it seemed at the time, I benefited from not dating. It seems to me that in our culture, dating has escalated into a social disorder. Although the idea of dating isn't wrong, the precautions to this big decision continuously become buried, often leaving the concepts of motives and standards behind, which in turn can cause unwanted emotions, circumstances, and unhealthy relationships.
Conclusion
Finally, one more step and I would reach the alter. Eyes scanning the area around me, I searched for the confidence to take the last step. What I saw didn't surprise me. The many faces that I knew and loved gleamed back, glistening with tears of happiness, giving me the confidence I needed to take that last step away from my beloved father, who loved me so much. I finally did take that last step, knowing with my whole heart that this man, whom I had only known for what seemed so short of a time, was perfect for me. I had no regrets, no worries, and no fears. I had waited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment